Call for 2020-2022 UCEA Graduate Student Council Representatives
January 27th, 2020 by Marcy Reedy
UCEA GSC is seeking applicants to serve as representatives for 2020-2022!
Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2020
UCEA GSC Call for Reps 2020-2022
Do you want to be a voice for UCEA graduate students?
Are you driven and motivated to be involved?
Would you like to commit two years to make a lasting impact?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should consider applying for the UCEA Graduate Student Council. As a member of the GSC, you will:
- Plan and execute the Graduate Student Summit in conjunction with the UCEA Annual Convention in 2020, 2021, and 2022;
- Plan and execute graduate student programming during the UCEA Annual Convention and throughout the year on monthly UCEA GSC meetings;
- Support graduate students as they transition into faculty, non-faculty, and practitioner positions;
- Foster a community of emerging educational leadership, policy, and evaluation scholars; and
- Develop graduate students’ capacities in research, teaching, and service.
Applications must include:
- A one-page statement of interest that explains why the applicant is interested in serving, describes relevant prior experience, and details specifically what the applicant can contribute to the GSC
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letter of reference from your advisor or your institution’s PSR (see UCEA website for details).
To be considered, applicants must be:
- A graduate student at a UCEA member institution from Spring 2020 until December 2022.
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills;
- A thoughtful, creative, critical thinker;
- Able to commit to attending UCEA’s GSS and Annual Convention in 2020, 2021, and 2022. UCEA will reimburse up to $600 of these costs.
- Willing to dedicate time to the GSC on a monthly basis.
All applications are due electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 1, 2020 by 11:59pm PT.