Call for Applications: UCEA Associate Director for International Initiatives
UCEA is pleased to announce a call for applications for the Associate Director for International Initiatives. For over 10 years, UCEA has explored opportunities for collaboration with leadership organizations in other countries; the development of international research projects; and, more recently, travel abroad programs. Currently, UCEA is involved in several international leadership projects and has MOUs with a variety of international organizations. The primary purpose of UCEA’s international initiatives is to broaden our understanding of educational leadership and engage with international scholars and practitioners in discussion to address issues that face educational leaders across the globe.
The Associate Director of International Initiatives plays an important service leadership role within the consortium, as the person who holds this position
• provides leadership and guidance for the project and research development with international partners;
• maintains a network of scholars who do research or preparation in international contexts;
• develops the International Summit during the Annual Convention;
• works with the UCEA Executive Director as a member of UCEA headquarters staff;
• chairs an International Initiatives Advisory Board, which is responsible for advising the Associate Director for International Initiatives and the UCEA Executive Committee on the activities and quality of ongoing projects, and increasing the reach and impact of UCEA; and
• ensures effective communication with UCEA headquarters and submits biannual reports focused on goals and achievements.Those interested in the position should have experience in international educational leadership contexts, either in research or other school leadership-based work. An existing network of international partners/scholars is preferred.