2014 Film Festival Submissions
The 2014 UCEA Convention will again play host to a Film Festival! UCEA has opened an opportunity for submissions of 5-minute videos that explore broadly the landscape of quality leadership preparation, including our research and engaged scholarship, our preparation program designs and improvement efforts, our policy work, and the practice of educational leaders. Video submissions may relate to the conference theme or share educational leadership program features, innovations, and impacts.
Past UCEA Film Festivals have featured films produced by faculty and by graduate students in educational administration programs. The Video Submission Form is attached. Please email Jennifer Friend with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the application form:
UCEA Convention 2014_Video Submission Form
To view films selected for the 2012 and 2013 UCEA Conventions, visit the UCEA website:
Video Submission Guidelines:
- Videos may be produced by Graduate Students and/or Faculty in educational administration.
- Video Running Time – 5 minutes or less
- Deadline for video submissions – July 31, 2014
- Video Quality – Filmmakers are encouraged to create the videos using High-Definition (HD) video (higher resolution than Standard-Definition (SD) video).
- Audio Quality – Filmmakers are recommended to use a high quality microphone to capture sound, such as a lapel or lavalier mic for individual speakers or a microphone on a boom pole to record group interviews or classroom instruction.
- Rights & Clearances – Filmmakers must secure all rights, licenses, clearances and releases necessary for participants, music, and locations for conference exhibition and web streaming.
- Filmmakers will be notified of the videos selected for the 2014 UCEA Convention by September 1, 2014. Video submission materials will NOT be returned.
- Note: In order to create a video with high production value (professional filming, clear audio, editing and post-production), we suggest partnering with the film studies program at your institution or with students in specialized high school film production programs.
- Videos must be submitted on a DVD formatted in MPEG video Region 1/North America. Each DVD must be accompanied by a completed and signed Submission Form. Mail DVD and Submission Form by July 31, 2014 to:
Jennifer Friend, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean, School of Graduate Studies | University of Missouri-Kansas City
300F Administrative Center | 5115 Oak Street | Kansas City, Missouri 64110